Thursday, October 11, 2012
October is National Orthodontic Health Month!
Can you believe it's already October? For those who don't know, it’s National Orthodontic Health Month. This month-long event is organized by our friends at the American Association of Orthodontists, or AAO.
Our team at Sanborn Orthodontics realizes that this is a great opportunity for us to raise awareness about the importance of oral hygiene. National Orthodontic Health Month also aims to recognize the dedicated work of orthodontists and other dental professionals.
The AAO recommends patients avoid the following Halloween treats, or recipes with these ingredients:
• Popcorn (including un-popped kernels)
• Jelly beans
• Hard pretzels
Trick-or-treating safety guidelines:
• Young children should always be accompanied by an adult
• Carry a flashlight
• Wear a light-colored or reflective costume
• Choose face paint over masks for young ghosts and goblins
• Have an adult inspect all treats before the children dig in
If you have any questions, please feel free to give us a call or ask us on Facebook. Have a fun and safe Halloween!!!